All temporary structures; other allied infrastructure created in area by both sides dismantled mutually’
Srinagar, Aug 06 : Stating that the appropriate measures are taken for resolution of remaining areas related to disengagement, the Defence Ministry of India Friday said that in the 12th round of meeting between India and China in eastern Ladakh, one more sensitive area of the faceoff has been resolved.
The Defence Ministry said that the area of Gorga which has been the sensitive and in the situation of faceoff since May last year has been resolved and the disengagement process was carried out for two days in the ensuing month.
According to the statement issued by the Defence Ministry of India, a copy of which lies with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), reads that as conveyed earlier this week, the 12th round of talks between the Corps Commanders of India and China were held on July 31 at Chushul Moldo Meeting Point in Eastern Ladakh.
The statement reads that the two sides had a candid and in-depth exchange of views on resolution of remaining areas related to disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of India-China border areas. “As an outcome of the meeting, both sides agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra”, it reads. “The troops in this area have been in a face-off situation since May last year.”
The statement reads that as per the agreement, both sides have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.
“The disengagement process was carried out over two days i.e. 04 and 05 August 2021. The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases”, the statement said.
The Defence Ministry said that all temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified. “The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to pre-stand off period”, the Ministry informed.
It said that this agreement ensures that the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in this area will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in status quo.
The Defence Ministry maintained that with this one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved. “Both sides have expressed commitment to take the talks forward and resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the Western Sector”, the Defence Ministry said.
The Indian Army along with ITBP is totally committed to ensure the sovereignty of the nation and maintain peace & tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector, the Defence Ministry statement said—(KNO)