LoC ceasefire agreement completes one year, locals appeal for permanent continuity

Jammu, Feb 25 : The ceasefire agreement between armies of India and Pakistan on Line of Control (LoC) has completed a year on Friday. In the past year, there hasn’t been a report of even a single incident of ceasefire violation.

The agreement was finalized between armies of both the neighboring nations on 25 February 2021 via Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) level talks that were held last year following which a formal announcement was made.

As per official figures available with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) not even a single incident of violation of ceasefire has been reported on LoC from last year, since this agreement was finalized.

The officials said that so far this ceasefire agreement remained completely successful and has played a role in a completely peaceful situation on the LoC.

Earlier, ceasefire violation was a regular scene on LoC with heavy cross-firing and shelling which used to inflict major losses of life and property both on civilian and military levels.

Officials said, “Due to the ceasefire, people in border villages are able to live a normal life with agriculture practices as well as development works are also gathering pace.”

Earlier skirmishes on LoC used to cause loss of both properties and lives, and areas along LoC in Rajouri, Poonch and Jammu districts of Jammu province and in districts of Kashmir used to face the burnt—(KNO)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Hot Topics

Related Articles